[Koha] koha install problems on RH 7.2

Pete Dubler pete at dublerfamily.com
Mon Jun 17 16:52:22 NZST 2002

Well, I think I followed the directions...

I have virtual hosted koha and opac on my Apache server.  I can hit all
of the html pages for koha, but when I link to anything in the cgi-bin
directories, I get an apache error message which is not particularly
helpful:

"Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request"

Here is what I have checked:

My directory structure:

/var/www/koha
     ../html    (contains the index.html and all of the subdirectories
{images, acquisitions, admin, catalogue, etc)
     ../modules  (contains all the .pm files)
     ../cgi-bin   (contains all of the .pl files, circ directory, etc)

My /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf files contains the following:
NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.5

#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
#
#<VirtualHost ip.address.of.host.some_domain.com>
#    ServerAdmin webmaster at host.some_domain.com
#    DocumentRoot /www/docs/host.some_domain.com
#    ServerName host.some_domain.com
#    ErrorLog logs/host.some_domain.com-error_log
#    CustomLog logs/host.some_domain.com-access_log common
#</VirtualHost>

#ADDED FOR KOHA

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.5>
  ServerName server
#  ServerPath /var/www/html
  DocumentRoot /var/www/html
  ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin "/var/www/cgi-bin/"
  <Directory "/var/www/html">
    AllowOverride None
    Options +Includes -FollowSymlinks -Indexes
    AddHandler server-parsed .html
 </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.5>
  ServerName koha
  ServerPath /var/www/html/koha
  DocumentRoot /var/www/koha/html
  Alias /images/ "/var/www/koha/html/images/"
  ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin/koha/ "/var/www/koha/cgi-bin/"
  SetEnv PERL5LIB "/var/www/koha/modules"
  ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/koha-error_log
  <Directory "/var/www/koha/html">
    AllowOverride None
    Options +Includes -FollowSymlinks -Indexes
    AddHandler server-parsed .html
 </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.5>
  ServerName opac
  ServerPath /var/www/opac/html
  DocumentRoot /var/www/opac/html
  Alias /images/ "/var/www/opac/html/images/"
  ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin/koha/ "/var/www/opac/cgi-bin/"
 # SetEnv PERL5LIB "/var/www/opac/modules"
  ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/opac-error_log
  <Directory "/var/www/opac/html">
    AllowOverride None
    Options +Includes -FollowSymlinks -Indexes
    AddHandler server-parsed .html
 </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

#<VirtualHost _default_:*>
#</VirtualHost>

####################

My /etc/koha.conf reads:

database=Koha
hostname=localhost
user=koha
password=koha

My Output.pm file contains the $path modification:

$path="/var/www/koha/html/includes/"

(which is where the includes are living).

What am I missing???

Many thanks!

Pete Dubler, a volunteer
 for the Ridgeview Classical Schools, a charter K-12 campus in Fort
Collins, Colorado