[Koha] Where to report bugs?

Alan Millar am12 at bolis.com
Mon May 6 16:06:02 NZST 2002

Hi-

I'm trying out Koha to manage my personal book collection.  I had problems
getting 1.1.1 to work, so I downloaded a recent CVS snapshot and followed
the instructions on the Wiki site.  The revised instructions are good.

I've come across a few bugs here and there.  Not doc shortcomings,
but things that are actual bugs or "features".  Should I post to the
list, to the Slashdot site, or some other process?

Things I've found in CVS snapshot from May 1 2002:

- DB upgrade from earlier version (I love that!)
  updater/updatedatabase has an error in a column name.  In table z3950queue,
  the column "numercords" should be "numrecords".  It definitely doesn't
  work with the wrong column name...  :-)

- Simple acquisition module:  marcimport.pl doesn't handle branches
  correctly.  The pull-down list for home branch is hardcoded, which
  should come from the branches table.  Worse, the holding branch
  doesn't even have a form field, it is hardcoded to 'STWE'

- Keyword search doesn't work in the simple acquisitions module
  on my database, because the "biblio" table is missing the
  "abstract" column.  The abstract column exists in database.mysql
  from CVS, but doesn't appear to be added by updater/updatedatabase

Let me know the best way to help in reporting things like this.  Thanks!

- Alan

--

----
Alan Millar     --==> am12 at bolis.com <==--