[Koha] Koha post-installation questions on how to use the system

Yaogeng Cheng ycheng at neiglobal.com
Thu Apr 25 09:24:51 NZST 2002

Hi,

I just finish installing the koha (v. 1.1.1) system, and two web sites (koha
and opac) are up and running. However, I couldn't find any documentation on
how to use this system. Do I have to populate into database some basic data
so that I can run it. If I do have to, what kind of information should I
populate?

I don't know how to input the CD(our company created by ourself) info into
the system. On  <http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/> Test drive the Koha Intranet
acquisitions page, I can see there is a link Enter book with no ISBN, but my
acquisitions page is totally different with it. I can see the
<http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/> Test drive the Koha Intranet use the perl script
called addbooks.pl, but I could not find this file at all in my koha v1.1.1
file structures.

I also found the circulation page is different with the
<http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/> Test drive the Koha Intranet . Mine asks me to
select a branch and a printer and them submit query. I could not find any
branch and printer list at all. What is the branck and printer for, and how
can I add them to the database?

Thanks in advance

Yaogeng