[Koha] INSTALL file questions

Roger Buck rog at saas.nsw.edu.au
Tue Mar 19 11:49:09 NZST 2002

Waylon Robertson wrote:
[--snip--]
> any other things that might be confusing in the install?

Not "confusing" but...

I note that the path to koha perl modules can be set in Output.pm ...
but doesn't that still require that Output.pm itself must be in the
default perl path?

The reason I ask is that we may have restricted access to perl
directories on the koha hosting server (hosted by ISP) so instead of
copying  /usr/src/koha/scripts/C4/* into
/some/perl/path/to/site-perl/i386-linux we might need to copy to some
place like

 /home/george/modules

This problem and a solution is described under the topic "If you don't
have root access" at

 http://www.devdaily.com/perl/edu/articles/pl010015/

My question is: Is there some way to avoid having Output.pm (or any
other modules) in the default perl path when installing koha?

If so, then any hint(s) about how/where can we add the koha equivalent
to "use lib '/home/george/modules';" as used in the example URL above?

Thanks :-)

R.