[Koha] Rooted URL's

Mark Bondurant mbondr at bongo.net
Sat Mar 2 09:31:20 NZDT 2002

I'm a bit stumped as to how I'm going install this thing.  I'm not/can't
running a name server so I can't install it as a virual host.  You folks have
rooted all of your URL's (this means you start them all with a slash) so I
can't install it as a virtual directory.  The best I an come up with is to
mix it in with my root web site (yech!).  This may cause difficulties with
index file names and may limit my ability to upgrade in the future.

In the future, when you build a site, try to keep in mind that it may be
installed anywhere, not necessarily in the web root.  You should use relative
addressing.

Mark Bondurant
mbondr at bongo.net

PS.

On your splash page it says:  "Horowhuenua Library Trust Catalogue and Member
Services".  This implies that the library that the system is indexing is the
Horowhuenua Library.  If this is truely an open source system, open to use by
every library, then it probably ought to say something like: "Open Source
Catalogue and Member Services System/From The Horowhenua Library Trust".