[Koha] Adding New Fields to Koha - librarian help please.

Stephen Hedges shedges at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Thu Jan 24 06:32:52 NZDT 2002

If Koha is still interested in eventually providing full MARC support for the
database and the front end, you might want to look at how MARC handles this
information.  Abstracts are most commonly stored in the 520 tag and URLs in the
856 tag.  But note that MARC also provides room for URLs in several other tags
in subfield $u (the 520 tag happens to be one).  See
http://lcweb.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic for a complete (and often confusing!)
discussion of the MARC format.

Stephen Hedges, Director
Nelsonville Public Library