[Koha] patron book reviews/suggestions, desirable koha enhancement?

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Wed Nov 21 14:53:18 NZDT 2001

Hi Emile,

Lovely to have you on the list.

> I realize that there is a fairly large critical mass of reviews that must
> be present in a system before this really works, and I've been thinking
> about various ways one could share review collections between libraries.
> Before I get too into db schemas and appropriate SQL queries, are there
> some downsides to having this in the system that people anticipate?  Or
> different review'ish schemes that seem more helpful?

We've had some thoughts along similar lines - but on the basis of people
who borrowed this book also borrowed XYZ.

Where XYZ is a book that more than one person who borrowed book "A" also
borrowed. Obviously we don't want to just hand out peoples reading lists.

Does that sound like a good idea?  Reviews are kinda cool, but also would
require checking etc by library staff (to make sure they are not obscene etc)
so I suspect might be a bit high maintenance.

Look forward to your thoughts

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org