[Koha] I'm back

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Wed May 2 10:02:52 NZST 2001

Okay, after a lengthy hiatus on other projects, I'm back working on Koha
for a bit.

I have two libraries now that are nearing completion of the data entry
stage and will be wanting to start circulating.

To facilitate this in my situation, I am populating the borrowers database
with the accounts the school already uses for accessing school file
servers, email and authenticating proxy servers.  I've also created a new
table called borrowergroups where I list the groups that borrowers are in
in our account administration system (ie Grade 6/7, Kindergarten, etc.) so
that the librarians can print out overdue lists for each teacher's class.

I also have a session with the district's Librarian association where I
think I'm going to get grilled about Koha.  They had made a decision to
use a program called Alexandria universally throughout the district.  The
problem is that not all schools can come up with the funds to actually use
Alexandria.  That's where I came into the picture with Koha.  Wish me
luck.

Steve Tonnesen
Coast Mountains School District