[Koha] suitability for high school library

Spotswood College Library library at spotswoodcollege.school.nz
Wed Nov 8 14:21:36 NZDT 2000

Hello,

We're just going down the track of looking at options for our highschool
library (student population 1000), & wondering about Koha - & incidentally,
I thing the 3M award definitely went to the right place.

I've looked at the samples on the Web, but don't currently have access to a
webserver to download the full version, and wondered if someone could
answer these questions????

1. Is any other school using Koha?

2. Is there any possibility of including a student photo in the circulation
module (students don't carry ID cards - they just give their name)?

3. Can multimedia be added into the catalogue - ie web addresses, scanned
material from the information file, or scanned images of the books?

4. What sort of software would be best for data conversion, with the
possibility of global changes for the subject/authority files?

5. How easy is it to modify overdue notices (to send brief lists to
classes, and later fuller details addressed to the parents, with addresses)?

6. Would the membership module allow class details to be added?

7. Would reservations allow video cameras, & other items, to be booked for
specific times?

Much TIA

Debra Hitchcock
Librarian