[Koha] Introduction

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Wed Aug 30 11:35:58 NZST 2000

hi

> > > 2) Is there a ROADMAP style document explaining the design so far?
> > >     Looking at Koha's table layout and my abandoned projects I notice
> > >     many similarities and a couple of differences.

I'm not too sure what you mean by a roadmap - we do have "circuit diagram"
type pics from the begining of the project that map how we thought it would all
work.  They haven't bee updated to reflect how it does actually work though :-)

Would be an intersting "rainy day" exercise :-)

> Other than that, a lot of the tables in Koha seem intuitive, but a few
> of them I'm a bit lost on, is there an explanation of the database design
> somewhere?

There is a comprehensive design spec/rfp document - but again that hasn't
been updated to reflect the actual design - so far.  This is definitly still a "late
beta" type of programme, and i think that the database design is now pretty
well set, but there have still been changes being made.

If you  have particular areas that don't make sense then happy to provide
explanation

cheers

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  025 300 825 or +64 04 389 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 7039, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand