[Koha] Prevent specific MARC field from being duplicated?

Bales (US), Tasha R tasha.r.bales at boeing.com
Thu Jan 4 04:06:15 NZDT 2024

Hello, I have not yet found the answer to this question.  We are still running 21.05, but plan to upgrade soon (unsure to what release).

When duplicating a bibliographic record, is it possible to NOT duplicate a specific MARC field from the source record?

In particular, I'd like to avoid duplicating action notes that are in the 583 field.  We use dated action notes, and we duplicate lots of records, and information in source records that is not applicable to target records is being saved to them by mistake.

Our use of the field is as follows:  583$a has a default value.  583$c uses the dateaccessioned.pl plugin to enable a date picker/calendar.

Is there a way to "block" certain fields from being duplicated?  Although we could train staff to delete that field with every duplication, I'd prefer to avoid human error and the additional keystrokes.

Thanks in advance for all ideas.  If a JavaScript/jQuery solution is possible, maybe that would work, but I'm not sure how to make it happen.

Tasha Bales