[Koha] Solved: Patron not searchable after initial login with LDAP

Andreas Tomiak tomiak at helmholtz-berlin.de
Wed Apr 17 01:04:15 NZST 2024

Hello,

I´ve just read Katrin Fischer´s hint in the digest and it matches my
solution found an hour before:

LDAP has failed to transfer into the parameter "cardnumber" out of the
LDAP attribute employeeNumber because it was not set (empty) for this
person in our LDAP.

If the mandatory field cardnumber is empty, Koha reacts sometimes (I´ve
had some other users without this problem) weird if one tries to search
him/her.

The trick to access the existing users without cardnumber was to create
a patron report and access the bad users directly with the provided
links in the report and then define a cardnumber within.

I´ve changed the LDAP attribute uid (which is also persistant for us)
for use as the cardnumber in Koha´s configuration file now and it worked
well.

The best of it: I´ve learned a lot about Koha during the debugging session.

Thanks

Andreas Tomiak