[Koha] Slow Item Edit Routines

Rudy Hinojosa rudy.hinojosa at lightwavelibrary.com
Fri Sep 1 00:55:58 NZST 2023

I only have 9 item types. I figured out what happened. My client is
using a consortium, and discovered that 3 libraries were sharing an item
type collectively, which is fine. However, there is a table called
itemtype_branches that had 30k duplicates of this collection, and this
was causing the edit screen to choke. The edit screen was attempting to
load these duplicate records in the item type dropdown. After further
review of this table, there is no index on it that prevents duplicates.
So there is a C4 somewhere that is performing a union against the items
and itemtype_branches table. This could be a bug. I manually deleted the
duplicates, and left the 3 matching collections to each appropriate
branch. Now the edit screen works fine. I don't know how those
duplicates got in there.

On 8/30/23 02:00, Jonathan Druart wrote:
> Hi Rudy,
>
> Do you have a lot of item types?
>
> Do you have a lot of items for this bibliographic record?
>
> Regards,
> Jonathan
>
> Le mar. 22 août 2023 à 15:39, Rudy Hinojosa
> <rudy.hinojosa at lightwavelibrary.com>  a écrit :
>> Using v23.05.02 release has been a great experience thus far, but I am
>> noticing that the system is doing something CPU or process intrinsic
>> when it comes to editing an item. I'm unable to edit any single field or
>> trigger a drop down until at least 15 seconds have passed. I'm leaning
>> that there is some process probably pre-loading  and populating the KOHA
>> ITEM TYPE drop downs. The system becomes hog tied until this process is
>> completed. After that, it's smooth sailing and fast saving as well.
>> I've disabled catalog logging changes for now to see if that helps, but
>> outside of that, does anyone have any suggestions. The server is beefy.
>> The user loads are light. All systems are nominal including memcached,
>> and no warning in the about us screens.
>>
>> Rudy Hinojosa

photo
Rudy E. Hinojosa
CEO/President,Lightwave Library

+1 737-372-7779 <tel:+1 737-372-7779>  | lightwavelibrary.com
<https://lightwavelibrary.com>

rudy.hinojosa at lightwavelibrary.com
<mailto:rudy.hinojosa at lightwavelibrary.com>

25101 Ronald W. Reagan Blvd #49, Georgetown TX 78633
<https://maps.google.com/?q=25101 Ronald W. Reagan Blvd #49, Georgetown
TX 78633>