[Koha] Loan periods

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Fri Oct 20 04:52:08 NZDT 2023

Reply below:

On 19.10.23 14:07, Wagner, Alexander wrote:
>> And you could use the item type to
>> create some "alert" on checkin/checkout to remind your staff about the
>> special use case.
> Those would show once staff returns the items in the admin interface, right?

Yes, you could use the checkin note configurable in the itemtype
administration page. With a little jQuery you could also do some time of
alert on the checkout page.

>> Sometimes item types and material types overlap, but not always.
> Maybe it's just the words that confused me a bit, as I had read `item` like `material`. The examples are a bit suggestive in this sense.
I know that the German translation is not helping here. I think for a
lot of libraries material types and loan types  correlate, but it
doesn't make sense for every library.

>> You'll find that you can pretty much hide
>> the item type from display anywhere in the OPAC using configuration. If
>> you are looking for something specific, let us know.
> Thank you. I'll shout out loud for help if I get lost :)

Katrin