[Koha] Loan periods

Wagner, Alexander alexander.wagner at desy.de
Fri Oct 20 01:07:02 NZDT 2023

Hi Katrin!

> * You could use the "Item modifications by age" too to automatically
> move them from a short term loan itemtype to a different item type using
> some rules and the "age" of the items.
>
> * You could also use the course reserves module to give them a temporary
> item type that is then switched to the final one when they are removed
> from the 'shelf'/course reserve.

I'll check those options. Thank you for the pointers :)

> For the databases/licenses
>
> * I also lean towards manually entering the due date on checkout, as
> Caroline suggested.  You could then summarize those under one itemtype
> like 'individual loan period' or 'license/subscription' and have that
> show up in the OPAC search filters.

It seems indeed the way to go.

> And you could use the item type to
> create some "alert" on checkin/checkout to remind your staff about the
> special use case.

Those would show once staff returns the items in the admin interface, right?

> Sometimes item types and material types overlap, but not always.

Maybe it's just the words that confused me a bit, as I had read `item` like `material`. The examples are a bit suggestive in this sense.

> You'll find that you can pretty much hide
> the item type from display anywhere in the OPAC using configuration. If
> you are looking for something specific, let us know.

Thank you. I'll shout out loud for help if I get lost :)

--
Kind regards,

Alexander Wagner

Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY