[Koha] Deleting biblios and items

Aida Djikic aidadjikic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 22:14:36 NZDT 2023

Hello all,

I've been looking up how to delete all biblios and items since I made some
errors and would like to restart with a clean slate without losing my
settings and customizations.

I want to check whether the commands listed on
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/How_to_delete_all_records_and_keep_settings
are to be entered exactly as written, or if there's anything that's assumed
to be understood by more experienced users. I am really struggling whenever
I have to use terminal commands.

E.g. where it says
Login to database

  sudo su
  mysql -u root
  use your_koha_library;

Can I assume your_koha_library is where the instance name goes or is this
literally what should be entered into the terminal? If not the instance
name, what should be entered?

How does one log in to mysql and then move back to root once done with
these changes?

When only deleting biblios and items, does Zebra index need to be reset for
both biblios and authorities, or just the biblios?

Thank you in advance!

--
Regards,
Aida