[Koha] Background job / Staging MARC import stuck at 0%

Michael Brown michael8rown at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 05:09:41 NZDT 2023

Thanks, Mason. Still no luck. First pass of

  $ curl -s http://192.168.1.254:8080/api/v1/ |  jq .info.title,.swagger

did not give me the described results. Unfortunately I didn't document what
the original output was (it was too early in the morning!), but I think it
was nothing, meaning output stalled until I hit CTRL-c.

>From the debug page you linked to:

The versions required for 22.05 are...

 $ pmvers Mojolicious JSON::Validator Mojolicious::Plugin::OpenAPI
 Mojolicious: 9.22                   (needs to be 9.22 or higher)
 JSON::Validator: 5.08               (needs to be 5.08 or higher)
 Mojolicious::Plugin::OpenAPI: 5.05  (needs to be 5.05)

However, I originally installed Mojolicious 8.12 ibecause koha_perl_deps.pl
shows:

                                 Required
Module Name                      Version
Mojolicious                      8.12

Just an FYI in case anyone else comes across this. Fortunately,
perl-Mojolicious package is 9.22 in my repos so I installed from there.

The debug wiki suggests that Debian expects to find the files in
/usr/share/perl5, so I did

$ sudo ln -s /usr/local/share/perl5/5.32/JSON /usr/share/perl5/JSON
$ sudo ln -s /usr/local/share/perl5/5.32/Mojolicious
/usr/share/perl5/Mojolicious

Now I get the expected results from step 1.1 that you recommended:

$ curl -s http://192.168.1.254:8080/api/v1/ |  jq .info.title,.swagger
"Koha REST API"
"2.0"

But no change in staging outcome; staging does not complete, and app.pl
still runs continuously until aborted.

The only step from the debug page I have not completed yet is verifying
koha-common (I can't run any of the dkpg commands on alma). So I need to
dig into the package contents to find out what it includes. I imagine that
will take some time.

In the meantime, one thing I will mention in case it matters: I don't get
any messages in any of the following /var/log/koha files:

     api-error.log
     intranet-error.log
     opac-error.log
     plack-api-error.log
     plack-intranet-error.log
     plack-opac-error.log
     sip.log
     z3950-error.log

They are all empty. But I do get messages in

     koha-error_log
     koha-opac-error_log
     zebrasrv.log

When I first installed Koha, I couldn't access mainpage.pl because of
permissions errors on those files. They were originally owned by koha. I
changed ownership to apache and was able to open mainpage.pl. Again, just
FYI in case it matters.

Michael