[Koha] Background job / Staging MARC import stuck at 0%

Michael Brown michael8rown at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 02:57:27 NZDT 2023

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the suggestion; nothing much to report, though.

    tail -f /var/log/koha/*log

showed nothing at all when I staged "l.mrc" this morning.

As for the background_job.data suggestion, it took me a minute to
understand what you were referring to and by the time I figured it out I
had already left home, so I cannot access my server right now. However, I
did copy the background_job.data entry for one of the uploads I had
performed yesterday. Here it is:

{"encoding":"UTF-8","comments":"","basket_id":null,"record_type":"biblio","vendor_id":null,"matcher_id":"","parse_items":"1","item_action":"always_add","format":"ISO2709","marc_modification_template":null,"filepath":"/var/lib/koha/alma/tmp/koha_upload/2287629673fb980ad4102f62ebeaa1b9_bib.mrc","nomatch_action":"create_new","filename":"bib.mrc","overlay_action":"replace"}

Is that helpful? If not, I will pull the entry from the test I made this
morning while watching the logs.

When I was first starting out with Koha (on Arch Linux about a year ago) I
was having issues that I eventually traced to JSON Validator and
Mojolicious perl modules. They were both much newer than those required by
Koha, and when I downgraded those two modules, things started working. But
my problem back then was not with uploads; it was with the display of
borrowers. Patrons were not loading on-screen and an Inspect > Console
message gave me the idea to downgrade. It worked after that.

Could this possibly be a similar problem? Should I try force-downgrading
JSON::Validator and/or Mojolicious? Is there any debugging I can do of the
Koha::REST::V1 module? As I reported yesterday, app.pl shows
continual-constant CPU usage as long as that enqueuement page is open. Once
I navigate away from that enqueuement page, the app.pl process quits, CPU
usage returns to normal.

Michael