[Koha] GMail SMTP Access Changes Next Week

Coehoorn, Joel jcoehoorn at york.edu
Wed Sep 25 03:27:57 NZST 2024

Something came up reminding me that Google is turning off Less Secure Apps
on Monday, September 30 <https://wpmailsmtp.com/gmail-less-secure-apps/>,
less than a week from today.

I doubt there are many Koha installations doing this directly (instead
using postfix on the host OS), but I expect there are quite a few where the
postfix installation is using Gmail this way. Anyone setup this way will
not be able to send email next week. Do we have guidance available for how
to check for this and how to fix it, for anyone who finds this is an issue?

*Joel Coehoorn*
Director of Information Technology
*York University*
Office: 402-363-5603 | jcoehoorn at york.edu | york.edu

*Please contact helpdesk at york.edu <helpdesk at york.edu> for technical
assistance.*

The mission of York University is to transform lives through
Christ-centered education and to equip students for lifelong service to
God, family, and society