[Koha] Problems with barcodes in Koha 24.05.01

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Fri Sep 6 00:06:16 NZST 2024

Hi

1. We have barcodes containing the slash character "/", like:
03/07851-a03073

In Koha menu "Circulation > Holds queue" barcodes are now links, and the
above barcode is shown as 03%2F07851-a03073 - is it possible to get rid
of this unwanted HTML entity %2F and instead show the correct character
"/" ?

2. We also have barcodes containing spaces, like: Soz 2432-b02732

In Koha menus "Circulation > Cataloging > Batch item modification" resp.
"Batch item deletion" it is possible to insert barcodes into a list. But
when inserting the above barcode Soz 2432-b02732 and clicking "Continue"
the screen says:

  Warning, the following barcodes were not found:

  Barcodes not found
  Soz
  2432-b02732

So it seems like in this specific menu (but not elsewhere) Koha is
interpreting the space as a delimiter for a new barcode and thinks these
are two barcodes which is not true. How can we teach Koha to accept "Soz
2432-b02732" as just one barcode like Koha does everywhere else? By the
way this problem already existed in Koha 19.11.

Best wishes: Michael