[Koha] Restore the default Marc Framework

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Sep 4 08:33:18 NZST 2024

Hi Caroline

We need to get rid of a corrupt standard framework and load a correct
version of it. In the staff client we tried to import correct versions
of the framework via Koha menu "Administration > MARC bibliographic
frameworks" but it won't import the correct framework (I resign going
into details). However I found your message from 1 April 2023 and
deleted frameworks '' and 'ACQ' like this:

DELETE FROM marc_subfield_structure WHERE frameworkcode IN ('', 'ACQ');
DELETE FROM marc_tag_structure WHERE frameworkcode IN ('', 'ACQ');

After doing this I still see the framework codes ('' and 'ACQ') in Koha
menu "Administration > MARC bibliographic frameworks". Also in Koha menu
"Cataloging > New record" the framework names are still visible - though
when clicking them no framework is shown.

So I tried to reload the framewroks using this command ("koha" is the
instance name):

$ sudo koha-shell -c "/usr/share/koha/bin/load_yaml.pl --load --file
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/installer/data/mysql/de-DE/marcflavour/marc21/mandatory/marc21_framework_DEFAULT.yml"
koha

C4::Installer::load_sql returned the following errors while attempting
to load
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/installer/data/mysql/de-DE/marcflavour/marc21/mandatory/marc21_framework_DEFAULT.yml:
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Duplicate entry 'ACQ' for key 'PRIMARY' at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Installer.pm line 577.

After this both frameworks '' (the standard framework) and 'ACQ' seem to
be loaded but I'm not sure about the error message.

Do you happen to know what the message is trying to tell me?

Best wishes: Michael