[Koha] How to use the new feature (lock records)

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 23:14:21 NZST 2024

Hi Sami and all. I think David Nind summarized the feature correctly. And
Arthur's follow-up reports are the planned evolutionary steps.

So:
1. Record sources can be defined, with a flag allowing edition
2. As of today, the record source for a record can only be set using the
API [1], some dedicated plugin you write using the `after_biblio_action`
hook, or with direct DB access.

I'd like to add that the plan is to migrate the 'MARC overlay rules' record
sources into this as well.

Happy to answer any further questions you might have about the feature.

Best regards

[1] The API user needs to have the right permissions to set sources for
records. This documentation could be improved.

El mié, 19 jun 2024 a las 14:16, Sami M. Rasheed (<sami_rasheed at yahoo.com>)
escribió:

>  Hello everybody,
> Could someone please provide instructions on how to use thenew feature
> (lock records) functionality that arrived with the Koha 24.05.00(and Koha
> 24.05.01) releases?
>
> Thanks

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (https://theke.io)