[Koha] How to use the new feature (lock records)

David Nind david at davidnind.com
Sun Jun 23 06:55:04 NZST 2024

Hi.

The record source information will only show on a record's details page if
the record has a record source recorded. If a record doesn't have a record
source (which is the case for all existing records), then nothing will show
on the record's details page.

At the moment, it is not possible to add a record source to a record using
the staff interface.

A record source can only be added (as far as I can tell) by:
1. Using the API when importing records, OR
2. Developing your own plugin to use the new code, OR
3. Possibly by updating the database directly (I'm not sure on this point).

I'm not sure why you are being redirected when you try to access Koha
administration > Catalog > Record sources.

Does your use case for locking records match with the use case for this new
feature? It may help the developers if you could describe your interest,
what you would like it to do.

Unless you are a Koha developer, then I don't think there is an easy way to
use this new feature yet.

As indicated in my initial response, this is a new feature and there are
bugs for more enhancements.

David Nind
New Zealand

PS When replying, please reply to the list as well so that other community
members can see the discussion.