[Koha] My First Post On This Koha Mailing List

je_syd at bigpond.net.au je_syd at bigpond.net.au
Tue Aug 27 16:10:30 NZST 2024

Dear Koha Community,

I have just joined the koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
being part of the Koha community.

I live in Sydney Australia and in a previous life I used to install the
DOS-based Oasis library software in schools.

My current intention is to install the Koha library on a 4GB Linode instance
running the Debian Linux operating system.

I intend to very carefully follow the Koha installation documentation as
best I can - and seek help if I get into strife!!!

My initial intention is to see how difficult it is to install the Koha
software and then become more familiar with its features.

My subsequent use for the Koha library software is to use it to catalogue
digital (pdf etc) records stored online elsewhere,

such records being the official records for a School Alumni Association of
which I am a member.

The purpose is to keep a record of what documentation the Alumni Association
has and its location for easy retrieval.

As the records are digital records I will have to embed the RecID or similar
indexing details into the name of the file for ease of retrieval - yet to be
decided.

I am most grateful to discover the Koha Community and look forward to
benefitting from it expertise and generosity in making

this library system Open Source.

John Edwards

Sydney, Australia.