[Koha] bulkmarcimport.pl with Record Matching Rules?

Thomas Klausner domm at plix.at
Fri Oct 6 22:34:21 NZDT 2023

Hi!

Is there a way to run bulkmarcimport.pl together with some Record
Matching Rules (like they are available in the Staff interface via
"Stage MARC records for import") ?

The param "-match" seems related, but from --help I cannot figure out
what this actually does..

Background: We want to import authorities from the GND/DNB (German
National Libray) but do not want to create duplicate auths for those we
already have in the DB. We can match the auths via 024$a (so if we have
a local record with the same value in 024$a as the one we're currently
importing, it's a match and should update the old record instead of
creating a new one)

Greetings,
domm

--
Thomas Klausner               domm                  https://domm.plix.at
Just another ( Perl | Postgres | Bicycle | Food | Photo | Vinyl ) Hacker

A not-so-short list of things I learned at PerlKohaCon #Perl #Koha
[ 2023-08-19 10:00 > https://domm.plix.at/perl/2023_08_things_i_learned_at_perlkohacon.html ]

Long and good read: http://bit-player.org/2023/ai-and-the-end-of-programming
[ 2023-09-14 12:01 > https://domm.plix.at/microblog.html ]