[Koha] Transcribing agency

library at ssst.edu.ba library at ssst.edu.ba
Sat Jun 10 20:50:31 NZST 2023

Hello,

I have a question about field 040$c: transcribing agency. When I import a record from the British Library or LOC, there will be a code from those institutions. If I am adding locally published books not imported via Z39.50 servers, what do I add here? It's a required field.

I found a message msg28536.html in the mail-archive list from Caroline about removing mandatory flags with the caveat that she does not recommend it for the leader or control fields 005 and 008 - what about 040$c? If it's not recommended for this field either, what should I write here?

Best regards

Aida Đikić