[Koha] Koha-US Education Committee seeking new chair

Hernandez, Heather H Heather_Hernandez at nps.gov
Thu Jul 22 04:36:54 NZST 2021

Hi!

The meeting notes from today's Koha-US Education Committee are below--we're looking for a new chair!  Due to staffing changes at my work, I'm busier than ever and will probably remain so at least until the end of this calendar year--are you looking for a way to be more involved in the community?  There's no minimum time commitment, meeting times & links are already set up, and you'll be working with great people!  Contact me to chat about it and learn more, or feel free to reach out to info at koha-us.org<mailto:info at koha-us.org>

Meeting notes from July 21, 2021 meeting:
Mentoring:  The new mentoring Google Group is set up and Jason is working on the welcome message to go out!  People interested in receiving or being a mentor are being added to the group as their membership dues are paid.

Webinars/Videos:
Fred’s working on his conference presentation (possibly Z39.50 setup, command line scripts), and his next video in the planning stages is something along the lines of a follow up to his last video about setting up your library.

Thursday videos:  Going great!  Possible ideas coming up:  ways to use Git/GitHub (even a whole series?)  They’re always looking for ideas and/or guests!

Conference:  The schedule is out!  Remember to register, even if you’re a remote attendee, info at https://koha-us.org/conference2021/  The SIGs all have time slots on Thursday or Friday, so the SIGs’ regular meeting times in September will be canceled in favor of these meetings during the Conference—SIG leaders will be notified of their meeting times, and thinking about some topics to bring up to help promote discussions.  Perhaps good to mention this schedule change at the August SIG meetings.  We had some discussion of barcode scanners, inventory methods, and these would be good topics for the SysAdmin SIG conference session.

Ref sheets:  All in progress!  (This is a busy time with many organizations fiscal years turning over this month and people preparing for the Conference.)

Schema:  Fixed in newer versions of Koha!  Can be dropped from agenda.

Next meeting:  Wed., Aug. 18, 2021, 8:30 PT/9:30 MT/10:30 CT/11:30 ET

Cheerio!
h2

Ms. Heather Hernandez (she, her, hers)
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123-1284
415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov<https://webmail.lmi.net/src/compose.php?send_to=heather_hernandez%40nps.gov>
Library catalog: http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/