[Koha] changes to personal info in OPAC

Jacobs, Victoria vjacobs at mei.edu
Fri Sep 18 07:23:01 NZST 2020

Thank you for your fast reply, Lucas. I checked the two categories you
mentioned, and here's what I saw: There's no overlap from those where a
required field would be hidden. No field lights up as being red to signal
it was required but left unfilled. Last time I tested this was maybe a
month ago; when users did self registration, they were shown all mandatory
fields except patron_att_5 and patron_att_6 -- but those fields would be
highlighted red if they're empty when the form was submitted, or the next
time they tried to make changes. From what I remember, they were originally
set up so that when doing self registration, they couldn't finish the
registration without filling those in, but again it was highlighted red.

The thing now is that nothing is highlighted as being an empty mandatory
field. The other problem I've discovered is that now those patron
attributes 5 and 6 don't act as if they're mandatory anymore.

I'll keep playing with random things (I'm also super new to Koha so poking
around is about 70% of my activity) to see if I can figure something out,
but if Lucas or anyone else has read this far and seeing the fields helps:

PatronSelfRegistrationBorrowerUnwantedField:
categorycode|cardnumber|dateexpiry|altcontactfirstname|altcontactsurname|altcontactaddress1|altcontactaddress2|altcontactaddress3|altcontactstate|altcontactzipcode|altcontactcountry|altcontactphone

Mandatory fields:   surname|email|firstname|dateofbirth|password|country

PatronSelfModificationBorrowerUnwantedField:   There are no hidden fields

BorrowerUnwantedField:    streetnumber

BorrowerMandatoryField:
surname|cardnumber|email|firstname|dateofbirth|password|userid|country|patron_attr_5|patron_attr_6

Again, any suggestions for what might be going on here would be very, very
welcome!!

Best,

*Vickie Jacobs*

*Librarian, Oman Library*
vjacobs at mei.edu
202-785-1141 ext.229 or 222

*Inspiring dialogue. Empowering change.*
1763 N ST. NW, WASHINGTON, D.C. 20036  |  www.mei.edu