[Koha] Report help needed

Michael Sutherland sudrland at vt.edu
Thu May 28 08:59:50 NZST 2020

Elaine,

Maybe this would be helpful for those codes -
https://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bdleader.html

And, to break it down for those that do not know and are interested, (at
the risk of condescending, which is not my intention, please, please, I
hope you do not take it that way)

in the expression - SUBSTRING(ExtractValue(metadata,'//leader'),7,1) AS
"Position06"

you are wanting to extract a piece (substring) from the entire leader
string - metadata,'//leader' - the 7 is the value that specifies the
initial position from which the characters can be extracted. The first
position of the expression starts with 1. But, in MARC the first position
is 0 (zero). The next value is a positive integer value that specifies the
ending limit and determines how many characters are going to be
extracted from the given expression in this case '1', which will give you
the single letter code in the leader 06, or the seventh position, however
you choose to look at it.

So, in collaboration with ByWater Solutions, I have co-written the
following report, which I use to report collection statistics by itemtype
to ACRL and ARL on our collection sans suppressed records from the OPAC. It
takes the combination of the leader 06 and 07 to determine itemtype and
count them.

SELECT
CASE SUBSTR(metadata,282,2)
      WHEN ' m' THEN 'Book'
      WHEN '2m' THEN 'Book'
      WHEN 'am' THEN 'Book'
      WHEN 'aa' THEN 'Book'
      WHEN 'ac' THEN 'Book'
      WHEN 'ad' THEN 'Book'
      WHEN 'ai' THEN 'Book'
      WHEN 'as' THEN 'Journal'
      WHEN 'cc' THEN 'Music Score'
      WHEN 'cm' THEN 'Music Score'
      WHEN 'dm' THEN 'Music Score'
      WHEN 'ei' THEN 'Map'
      WHEN 'em' THEN 'Map'
      WHEN 'es' THEN 'Map'
      WHEN 'ga' THEN 'Video recording and motion pictures'
      WHEN 'gs' THEN 'Video recording and motion pictures'
      WHEN 'gc' THEN 'Video recording and motion pictures'
      WHEN 'gi' THEN 'Video recording and motion pictures'
      WHEN 'gm' THEN 'Video recording and motion pictures'
      WHEN 'ic' THEN 'Non-music sound recording'
      WHEN 'im' THEN 'Non-music sound recording'
      WHEN 'is' THEN 'Non-music sound recording'
      WHEN 'jm' THEN 'Music sound recording'
      WHEN 'jc' THEN 'Music sound recording'
      WHEN 'ji' THEN 'Music sound recording'
      WHEN 'kc' THEN '2D image'
      WHEN 'km' THEN '2D image'
      WHEN 'ma' THEN 'Computer file'
      WHEN 'mi' THEN 'Computer file'
      WHEN 'mm' THEN 'Computer file'
      WHEN 'ms' THEN 'Computer file'
      WHEN 'oc' THEN 'Kit'
      WHEN 'om' THEN 'Kit'
      WHEN 'pc' THEN 'Mixed material'
      WHEN 'pm' THEN 'Mixed material'
      WHEN 'rc' THEN '3D Object'
      WHEN 'rm' THEN '3D Object'
      WHEN 'tc' THEN 'Manuscript'
      WHEN 'tm' THEN 'Manuscript'
      ELSE 'unknown' END AS Type,
COUNT(DISTINCT biblionumber) AS Titles,
COUNT(itemnumber) AS Volumes
FROM biblio_metadata
LEFT JOIN items USING (biblionumber)
WHERE
     ExtractValue(metadata,'//datafield[@tag="942"]/subfield[@code="n"]')
!= 1
GROUP BY Type
WITH ROLLUP

which generates the following

TypeTitlesVolumes
2D image 65 92
3D Object 21 21
Book 1193934 1329489
Computer file 630 1555
Journal 38568 542424
Kit 41 66
Manuscript 5461 14120
Map 4754 5770
Mixed material 253 2517
Music Score 11948 15757
Music sound recording 9193 9766
Non-music sound recording 613 818
unknown 1018 214
Video recording and motion pictures 15246 17090
1281745 1939699
titles is the number of bib records and volumes are the number of items
attached to a bib record.

Best regards,
Michael
*Michael J. Sutherland*