[Koha] Staff login problems after upgrading from Koha 3.18 to 19.11

Quỳnh Vũ Đỗ quynhvd at thanglong.edu.vn
Sat May 16 02:55:15 NZST 2020

Hello everyone,
Our library has been using a Vietnamized version of Koha 3.18 since mid
2014, running on Ubuntu server 14.04 LTS. No upgrade of the system has been
made since and the server had a hardware problem (mainboard) last February.
In an attempt to restore the Koha 3.18 database (a dump sql file of 1.8
Gb), I installed Koha 19.11 on an Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS Desktop with a LAMP
stack.

After consulting with the mailing list yesterday, I followed the steps that
were indicated, i.e Drop the 19.11 koha_library database, recreate it empty
and then import the Koha 3.18 database sql dump file.
Then I went to the staff login page http://localhost:8080 where I was
welcomed by the login window for the web installation. I followed all the
steps with success although at the crucial one (starting upgrading from
3.18 to 19.11) I had a Server timeout after 10-15 minutes waiting. I
repeated the start upgrade procedure and was met again with a server
Timeout. Then I had to go to work.

At my office, I used the Easykoha Live DVD to install Koha 16.05 along with
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on an experimental partition. I then followed the same
procedure as described a bove to do an upgrade of our Koha 3.18 database
towards Koha 16.05. This, because the structure between the two database
versions did not seem too differ too much (only two more tables in the
16.05 version). The upgrade from 3.18 to 16.05 was not successful though
and I had a full web page filled with the errors that were met.

When I came back home, I had the nice surprise to see that the upgrade from
3.18 to 19.11 had succeeded as I was welcomed by this message: "Updating
database structure: Everything went OK. Update Done" and a blue button
telling "Continue to log in to Koha". After clicking the button, I had a
display of "Software error" that said:

DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_dbh_execute(): Unknown column 'me.anonymized'
in 'field list' at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Objects.pm line 93

The line 93 (in bold below) is part of a subroutine as follows:

sub find {
    my ( $self, @pars ) = @_;

    my $object;

    unless (!@pars || none { defined($_) } @pars) {
        *my $result = $self->_resultset()->find(@pars);*
        if ($result) {
            $object = $self->object_class()->_new_from_dbic($result);
        }
    }

    return $object;
}

Any hints on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your attention and help.
Quynh

M. Vũ Đỗ Quỳnh (Ph.D)
Trường Đại học Thăng Long - Université de Thang Long - Thang Long
University (Hanoi, Vietnam)
Phó Hiệu Trưởng, phụ trách HTQT - Vice-recteur chargé de la coopération
internationale - Vice-Rector in charge of International Cooperation
Web: http://thanglong.edu.vn/