[Koha] Courser reserves on OPAC

Eric Phetteplace ephetteplace at cca.edu
Tue Mar 31 15:31:20 NZDT 2020

Hi Carlos,

I have not modified the Course Reserves display but yes, this is a perfect
example of something that's customizable with JavaScript (OPACUserJS).
Something like this hides column N + 1 (in this example the 4th column,
Section):

var n = 3
$('#course_reserves_table').find('th:nth-child(' + n + ')') .remove()
$('#course_reserves_table').find('td:nth-child(' + n + ')').remove()

In my opinion, simple hiding something is better suited to CSS, however. So
in your OpacUserCSS you could add:

#course_reserves_table th:nth-child(4) { display: none; }
#course_reserves_table td:nth-child(4) { display: none; }

to accomplish the same thing with less code and more reliability. Note that
N here works as you would expect because Nth child is indexed starting at
one (:nth-child(1) is the same thing as :first-child), while JavaScript
follows the convention of indexing things starting at 0.

Reordering columns is a quite bit more complex but could be done with
JavaScript. You would want to iterate over children of the thead and tr
parent elements and put them in whatever order you want. If you search for
"jquery reorder child elements" you can probably find something close. For
instance, this Stackoverflow answer shows how to do it with a single list
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3050830/reorder-list-elements-jquery
which is analogous to one table row (tr).

Best,

ERIC PHETTEPLACE Systems Librarian (he/him)

ephetteplace at cca.edu | o 510.594.3660

5212 Broadway | Oakland, CA | 94618