[Koha] Purchase Suggestions in Koha

Stephen Graham s.graham4 at herts.ac.uk
Fri Mar 20 23:25:41 NZDT 2020

Hi All - we've just switched the purchase suggestion form on for our users, and was just wondering how people handle the suggestions once(if) satisfied? I see you can manually delete them, and I see that there is a script which runs from the cron to delete suggestions x days hold. One thing we are interested in is how many books we actually purchase based on a suggestion. Obviously if you delete the suggestions you can't report on this (There's no deleted_suggestions table). We thought about recording in a spreadsheet, but this doesn't feel right - there should be a way in the LMS to record this. Do other institutions create a custom MARC field to indicate if the item was bought based on a suggestion? Or is it not something of interest really?

Cheers, Stephen

Stephen Graham
Library Technology Consultant
Content and Collections Team