[Koha] upgrade from koha 16.11, Ubuntu 16.04 to koha 17.05, 17.11 --not usable for check out

Alvaro Cornejo cornejo.alvaro at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 09:42:05 NZST 2020

Hi Heinrich,

You should replace your database/instance name where needed.

The backup I was referring to is a mysqldump of your original DB 16.11.

See below other comments,

Regards,

Alvaro

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
 Stay safe / Cuídate/  Reste sécurisé
*7* Switch off as you go / Apaga lo que no usas /  Débranchez au fur et à
mesure.
 *q *Recycle always / Recicla siempre / Recyclez toujours
 P Print only if absolutely necessary / Imprime solo si es necesario /
Imprimez seulement si nécessaire

Le lun. 6 juil. 2020 à 16:14, Heinrich Hartl <h-hartl at gmx.de> a écrit :

> Hallo Alvaro,
>
> I run my server as a vmware virtual machine - so it is very easy for me to
> return to a snapshot.
>
> Following your advice (but starting with the current state virtual machine
> running koha 17.11 ) I did
> #sudo koha-upgrade-schema YourInstance
> #sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -v -f YourInstance
>
> Unfortunately my problem persisted.

Have you seen any specific error in the process?

> =======================
>
> I resume an earlier (koha17.05, Ubuntu 16.04=Xenial) snapshot
> root at koha-VM-dev:/home/hhl #
>  mysql -uroot -p
> Enter password:
> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
> Your MySQL connection id is 26
> Server version: 5.7.30-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (Ubuntu)
>
> Copyright (c) 2000, 2020, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights
> reserved.
>
> Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
> affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
> owners.
>
> Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
> statement.
>
> mysql> drop database koha_library;
> Query OK, 193 rows affected (1,10 sec)

If this is ok then it means your instance db was called koha_library. Else
it should have given an error. So we are ok with koha_library as your DB
name

> mysql> create database koha_library;
> Query OK, 1 row affected (0,00 sec)
>
> mysql> quit
> Bye
>
> ???? I did not substitute koha_library assuming this is a database not
> specific to library-instances.
> My only library-instance happens to be named library.

There is only one DB per instance. There is no a "generic" DB for koha

> Loadding my database however failed.
> I tried koha-restore # that failed

You can not use koha-restore since you have different versions for db &
koha code

>     I repeated
>     #mysql -uroot -p
>     >drop database koha_library;
>     >create database koha_library;
>     >quit;

the create database just create an empty DB, no tables, no data.

And then
> #mysql -uroot -p
> #mysql -uroot -p koha_library < library-2020-06-24.sql

You might try to get a new 16.11 backup with
#sudo su
#mysqldump -uroot -p koha_library | gzip  > koha_library.sql.gz (you might
skip the compression if your DB is not too big)

Before loading the backup uncompress it
Once successful upload, you need to upgrade the schema and rebuild your

Also, if have memcached and/or plack enabled, you need to restart them

Hope this helps