[Koha] Hiding MARC field from OPAC does not work for plain MARC view

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Jan 22 09:54:47 NZDT 2020

Hi

Field MARC 856 $u usually does contain an electronic location and access.

Our library needs to hide some URL for copyright reasons, so we came up
with the idea to create a new field MARC 857 $u which contains an URL
that is (by excluding the OPAC view in the framework) only shown in the
staff client.

When viewing a simple hit in the OPAC you can click "MARC view" - there
the field 857 is not shown as expected. But from there you can click
another link "View plain" which fully shows the URL!

For now we have just hided the MARC view completely using some
Javascript in system preference "OPACUserJS".

But even now, if you know the Koha URL
.../cgi-bin/koha/opac-MARCdetail.pl?biblionumber=31080 you can access
the plain view and see the content of field 857.

Is this a bug or have I missed something?

Best wishes: Michael