[Koha] Software error: Can't call method "branchname" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 1627.

Tadesse, Bruck bruck at wider.unu.edu
Fri Jan 17 21:28:35 NZDT 2020

Hi Katrin,

Thanks. The result of the first query shows that there were two items that had the extra space. That fixes the problem with the “in transit” issue. The result of second query “
mysql>

SELECT * from branches WHERE CHAR_LENGTH(branchcode) != CHAR_LENGTH("WIDER");” shows one record. From what I see there is only one record in the whole table, please see below the result and it seems that branchcode has extra space on it.

| branchcode  | branchname        |
| WIDER      | UNU-WIDER Library |

My question are:

  *   whether it is possible to set this value to null/empty since we have only have on branch?
  *   Where is the best place to rectify the extra space for the branchcode - in the backend or on staff/client?
Many thanks,

Thanks,
Bruck T.