[Koha] icuchain vs charmap

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Jan 16 13:22:49 NZDT 2020

Hi Alvaro,

I'm sure the folk at Theke would be able to provide a solid recommendation (https://theke.io/).

I mostly support English libraries and they use the CHR (ie charmap word-phrase-utf.chr) indexing. However, libraries I support with French and Arabic use ICU (ie icuchain words-icu.xml) indexing. I think the most appropriate choice for you will probably be ICU, but I'll defer to those who support Spanish language libraries.

In any case, if you do change that Zebra configuration, you will need to re-index your Koha data before search will work properly.

Hope that helps.

David Cook
Systems Librarian
Prosentient Systems