[Koha] need help with accessing koha from outside via DynDNS

Heinz-Jürgen Oertel hj.oertel at t-online.de
Sat Feb 8 01:44:29 NZDT 2020

Hello Alvaro,

it must be something different. I unfortunately know nearly nothing about the
Apache configuration, that is may problem.

Looking at /etc/apache2 you can find different configuration files:
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled
there is    000-default.conf
  this seems to be the server for the default test page
  <VirtualHost *:80>
  DocumentRoot /var/www/html

and   bibliothek.conf, this conf defines 2 VirtualHost both at port  :80
  # OPAC
  <VirtualHost *:80>
    <IfVersion >= 2.4>
    Define instance "bibliothek"
    ServerName bibliothek.bessarabien.de

and the second:
  # Intranet
  <VirtualHost *:80>
    <IfVersion >= 2.4>
     Define instance "bibliothek"
     ServerName bibliothek-intra.bessarabien.de

For me, it looks like all are accessible at port 80 but you hve to use
different names for the server

But using DynDNS, I can not change that.

For now  I will try to disable the default conf and change  the OPAC access to
be default without a server name.

I'll let you know how it works.

 Regards
    Heinz

Am Donnerstag, 6. Februar 2020, 21:44:17 CET schrieb Alvaro Cornejo:
> Hi Heinz
>
> Usually this issue means Apache is receiving a call for a site that does
> "not exist" so it shows its default page.
>
> Check that your koha site is enabled (sudo a2ensite bibliotthek.conf)
>
> As per
>
> tcp6       0      0 :::80     :::*      LISTEN      1113/apache2
>
> Seems apache is not listening to tcp4 and also port 8080 is not enabled
> either.
>
> You should have in your apache port file
> Listen 80
> Listen 8080
>
> In some cases, there are conflict with IPV6. If you do not use it you can
> disable it by:
> Listen 0.0.0.0:80
> Listen 0.0.0.0:8080
>
> After doing those changes, you need to restart apache
>
> sudo service apache2 restart
>
> Regards,
>
> Alvaro
>
> |---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> |--------------------------------------|
> Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier
> celular y Nextel
> en el Perú, México y en mas de 180 paises. Use aplicaciones 2 vias via SMS
> y GPRS online
>               Visitenos en www.perusms.com
>

> Le jeu. 6 févr. 2020 à 08:51, Heinz-Jürgen Oertel <hj.oertel at t-online.de> a
>
> écrit :
> > Am Donnerstag, 6. Februar 2020, 13:49:38 CET schrieb Mark Alexander:
> > > Excerpts from Heinz-Jürgen Oertel's message of 2020-02-06 13:32:34
+0100:

> > test

> > > It's possible that Koha is listening on a port other than 80.  This is
> > > controlled by the VirtualHost line(s) in your Koha installation's
> > > configuration file in /etc/apache2/sites-available/INSTANCE.conf, where
> > > INSTANCE is the name of your Koha instance.
> > >
> > > You can see what ports are in use with this command:
> > >
> > > netstat -pn --tcp --listen | grep apache
> >
> > tcp6       0      0 :::80     :::*      LISTEN      1113/apache2
> >
> > That means, Apache is listening at 80, that is correct, but could not be
> > all
> >
> > From the local site, where i have to entries in /etc/hosts
> > 192.168.2.138   bibliothek.xxxxxxxxx.de
> > 192.168.2.138   bibliothek-intra.xxxxxxxx.de
> >
> > I only can call koha  with one of these symbolic names.
> > If I put
> > http://192.168.2.138
> > in the browser URL field, I too reach the Apache test page
> >
> > Regards
> >
> >      Heinz

mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Halle (Saale)
       Heinz-Jürgen Oertel