[Koha] Introduction: New Koha Manager

Michael Adamyk madamyk at ckls.org
Fri Feb 7 09:04:18 NZDT 2020

Hello everyone, my name is Michael Adamyk and I began working at the
Central Kansas Library System (CKLS) in the United States last month as the
new Koha manager. When I joined the Koha Mailing List it encouraged an
introductory email, so... here it is! :-)

Our system is a consortium of about 50 public and school libraries that use
Koha, and CKLS manages the software. ByWater Solutions provides
development, support, and hosting for us.

I worked with Koha in a public library in circulation and cataloging, but
am new to the software management side of things, so have a lot to learn.
I've found the Koha manual and am part of several Koha-US mailing lists.
I'm looking forward to working with all of you and sharing ideas, tips,
etc. Eventually I'm hoping to get into a bit of development, but that's
probably sometime down the road.

Up to now I've been mainly learning through videos I can find, the Koha
manual, and just playing around with things (we have a test server which
really helps the experimentation process). Any other tips anyone has for
learning Koha, particularly administration and reports, would be awesome.

Thanks everyone, and it's great to "meet" you!

--
*Michael Adamyk*
Technology Manager* | *Central Kansas Library System