[Koha] Barcode Rejection Due to Miscalculated Check Digit

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 01:46:40 NZDT 2019

Hello, Katrin!

    Please excuse the late response.

    In a recent exchange, on 22 Oct 2019, at 8:01 AM, I received this
response from Katrin Fischer:

which version of Koha are you using?

> Koha does normally not do barcode checks, so I am surprised by the described
> behavior.
>
> There used to be the checkdigit system preference, but it was removed 18.05.
> If you are on this version or older, you could try to change the setting
> to see if it makes a difference.
>
> Hope this helps,

    It did indirectly. I concluded I did something wrong in my initial
tests. I tested again with new records, and the item records with their
barcodes imported as expected.

    Thanks for the help.

--
    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    1-5-2 Tsukimino #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken, 〒242-0002
    JAPAN

    1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    011-81-80-4714-5490 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.