[Koha] Incomplete import of framework

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Tue Oct 22 07:21:35 NZDT 2019

Hi Stephan

 > I've noticed something similar today. I couldn't import a edited
 > framework neither in CSV or ODS format. If I export (e.g. default
 > framework) a  framework and import it right away - no problem. But
 > when I open it in LibreOffce (6.3), safe it, I'm no longer able to
 > import it.
 > Koha just imports some of the tags and no subfields.
 >
 > I'm on Koha 19.05. (latest version).
 >
 > One thing I noticed: Koha exports in csv like this:

"tagfield","liblibrarian","libopac","repeatable","mandatory","authorised_value","ind1_defaultvalue","ind2_defaultvalue","frameworkcode"

 > Everything is in quotation marks.
 >
 > When I open the csv in LibreOffice and save it, it looks like this:

tagfield,liblibrarian,libopac,repeatable,mandatory,authorised_value,ind1_defaultvalue,ind2_defaultvalue,frameworkcode,,,,,,,,,

 > No quotation marks anymore (only on some line?!) and some extra commas
 > at the end.

When opening the original file (with commas and quotation marks) Libre
Office will ask you som stuff:

* Trennoptionen: check "Komma" and insert one quotation mark into
Texttrenner: "

* Weitere Optionen: Here check "Werte in Hochkomma als Text"

Doing this I had no problem opening and saving a CSV file. Without
checking "Werte in Hochkomma als Text" the quotation marks were lost
after saving.

So this is not the same problem I originally reported using this subject
("[Koha] Incomplete import of framework") and for which Katrin opened
Bug 23398 (in this case the EXPORTING of the framework in XML format is
incomplete from the beginning).

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael