[Koha] Auto Reminder Through Email

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 20:59:19 NZDT 2019

Hi,

On Sat 12 Oct, 2019, 1:18 PM rizwan qureshi, <rizwanqureshi6 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Dear,
>
> I am working in University Library and using KOHA software for library
> material management. There is a problem regarding over dues books, I want

First, the name is 'Koha'. It's a proper noun and not an acronym. It's
wrong to write it capitalised as "KOHA" in a sentence.

Second, the correct way to request for help on the list is to inform the
*exact* version of Koha and operating system you are running at the moment
where you are facing issues.

to send patron over due or long due library material's reminder via email
> generated by KOHA software.

Third, regarding your question:

(a) Have you enabled email for your Koha instance?

(b) If your answer to "a" above is 'Yes', then do you have a MTA aka mail
server (e.g. Postfix) running?

(c) if the mail server is running is it able to deliver other mails e.g.
test mails, apart from Koha emails correctly?

(d) if your answer to "a", "b" and "c" are YES, then are only the ODUE and
long overdue mails not getting sent OR is it that no email from Koha is
being sent out?

Based on your answers to the above, the problem can be isolated and
identified.

cheers
-idg