[Koha] Multilingual Searching and ICU Chains

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Fri Nov 22 22:44:43 NZDT 2019

Hi Charles,

if ICU with Zebra is set up correctly, you should be able to search for
the records using the original script (as cataloged) without any further
setup. If the original script is in 880 only the keyword search will
include them by default. But this is not related to ICU - the problem is
that indexing is not set up to include the 880 xxx in the corresponding

If you want to search transliterated forms or need some other specific
things, adjustments to the chains might be needed.

Hope this helps,

Katrin