[Koha] [koha] Edited barcodes not saving

muirunyeri muirunyeri at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 22:08:23 NZDT 2019

Hello Chris and all,
I have been away for awhile the reason I have not responded to a thread I raised. The issue remains unresolved.
I cleared the DBMS autoincrement error and from the system information page there's no warning. Barcodes and item edits are still not saving. This is really stressing us. The item editor has 2 subfields for permanent location as compared to 1 for add new item something that has not been there.
Any assistance will be highly appreciated.
Thank you

Hi team,
System information page reports one error which has been there since the beginning. The error - Data Problems - Some of your tables have problems with their auto_increment values which may lead to data loss. InnoDB does not keep auto_increment across SQL server restarts .......
No other error besides that.
I hvae one library set to code THK and still there in my libraries group.
I do note something unusual in the edit items form for an item am trying to edit. There are two subfields for permanent location (subfield a) both populating the full name of my library and subfield b -current location also with the name of my library.
Should this two similar subfields be there? Surprisingly theres only one subfield for permanent location under add new item. A new item is actually saving successfully
Very grateful for any assistance
James

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.-------- Original message --------From: Chris Cormack <chrisc at catalyst.net.nz> Date: 06/11/2019  21:18  (GMT+03:00) To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz, muirunyeri <muirunyeri at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [Koha] [koha] Edited barcodes not saving
That might also be a problem, but the foreign key error before that definitely is. It means in that item record the value in homebranch doenst match a row in the branches table.
That's why you can't update that item. Try changing the homebranch and save again (maybe try changing all the branch info on that item)

It may be that somehow someone deleted a branch, check in administration, to see if all the libraries/branches are there that you expect to be

Chris