[Koha] R: Problem with browser

Mark Alexander marka at pobox.com
Mon Nov 11 00:13:28 NZDT 2019

[I'm copying the mailing list in case the real experts have
better advice.]

Excerpts from Davide Spanu's message of 2019-11-10 11:52:27 +0100:
> I have seen that to solve the problem I have to modify a file,
> eliminating the lines from 6 to 10 and add, in their place, the line
> "var popup = '[% popup | html%]';"

Actually, the patch describes the reverse of that.  It deletes this line:

   var popup = '[% popup | html %]';

and replaces it with these lines:

   [% IF popup %]
     var popup = true;
   [% ELSE %]
     var popup = false;
   [% END %]

> Can you tell me the name and path of the file to be modified on the server?

The file to be patched is here on 19.05:

  /usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/includes/str/cataloging_additem.inc

I discovered this using the locate command:

  locate cataloging_additem.inc

Note that the locate command depends on a file location database being updated
regularly.  On my Debian installation, this wasn't being done as a cron job,
so I updated the database manually using this:

  updatedb

One way to patch the file without using an editor is to download the patch
to the directory in question (/usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/includes/str),
give it a name like additem.patch, and apply it using this command:

  patch <additem.patch

You will probably need to restart plack after doing this:

  koha-plack --restart INSTANCE

where INSTANCE is the instance name of your library.