[Koha] missing circulation history (old_issues table lost 96% of records)

Chris Brown chris at stayawake.co.uk
Fri May 10 02:50:22 NZST 2019

Hi Benjamin,

I cannot help you with your main issue about losing / re-importing records
but I can offer a suggestion about keeping backups for longer. All I did
was add a line to /usr/sbin/koha-run-backups (within the main loop, before
the bit about removing old dump files) to copy the backup off-site
somewhere. We use cloud-based "S3" storage for this so the command looks
something like:

s3cmd put $backupdir/* s3://some-namespace-here/$name

or you could use scp to copy the files to some other machine. Be aware that
this will accumulate a pair of files (per koha instance) each day, so you
will need some way to prune the old ones out.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards

Chris Brown