[Koha] export patrons with additional attributes

Erlanda Simonyan erlanda_simonyan at flib.sci.am
Fri Mar 29 20:33:29 NZDT 2019

Thank you very much!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joy Nelson
  To: Erlanda Simonyan
  Cc: Koha
  Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:21 PM
  Subject: Re: [Koha] export patrons with additional attributes

  Erlanda,
  You will have to reset patrons passwords after moving the patrons from a different system to Koha.  (or even from Koha to Koha)  The passwords are encrypted in Koha and not exportable.  You can import patrons with plain text passwords into Koha and they are encrypted when saved in the database.

  To export patrons with additional attributes, this SQL on the reports wiki will get you started.

SELECT p.surname, p.firstname, p.cardnumber, a.code, a.attribute
FROM borrowers p
LEFT JOIN borrower_attributes a USING (borrowernumber)
GROUP BY a.attribute
ORDER BY p.surname, p.firstname ASC

  -joy