[Koha] Extracting list of biblios with . in the subject

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Sat Mar 23 08:56:47 NZDT 2019

Hi, Tami--

Ah--ours displays exactly the same way--we don't have records with the
subject "Lampreys," but we do have whales:

- Topics

   - Whales
   <https://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=ccl=su%2Cphr%3Awhales&limit=su-to:Whales>
   - Whales.
   <https://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=ccl=su%2Cphr%3Awhales&limit=su-to:Whales.>
   - Whaling
   <https://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=ccl=su%2Cphr%3Awhales&limit=su-to:Whaling>
   - Whaling in art.
   <https://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=ccl=su%2Cphr%3Awhales&limit=su-to:Whaling
   in art.>
   - Whaling.
   <https://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=ccl=su%2Cphr%3Awhales&limit=su-to:Whaling.>
   - Show more
   <https://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=ccl=su%2Cphr%3Awhales&expand=su-to#su-to_id>

This display used to bother me, but at least in our catalog, if the user
selects either one, they retrieve the same record set--selecting the one
without the ending period retrieves the exact same 513 results as selecting
the one with the ending period--at least in our catalog.  I try to calm my
Inner Cataloger and not look at this display too often.:)

I don't know if there's a way to have the whole string appear in that facet
area--the facet area is pretty small!  I think if a user wanted to
click/tap through subject headings that included subdivisions, they'd need
to do that after they select a record to display--i.e., from the "Normal
view" of one record.

But I'm no Koha display expert by a LONG shot--those on the list who are
might have some helpful ideas/suggestions!

Keep asking questions--we all learn something when people ask questions!
Glad you've joined us in this friendly community!

Cheerio!
h2
Heather Hernandez (she, her, hers)
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123-1284
415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Library catalog: http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/