[Koha] [EXTERNAL] Serial numbering pattern for MMM dd, YYYY possible?

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Fri Mar 8 06:37:24 NZDT 2019

Hi, Indranil--

We haven't had much luck with weekly pattern projection such as this--all
our weekly serials have number-based volume and/or number "numbering," so
we just project that numbering and then we manually add the date upon
check-in.

You might be able to use week numbering (based on there being 52 weeks a
year) and then edit it upon check-in?  E.g., have it project "12" for the
issue expected in the 12th week of the year (Mar. 18, 2019) and then when
it arrives have the staff change the "12" to "Mar. 18, 2019?"  Kinda
clunky, but it might work?

I'd love to hear of a better solution, if one is out there!

Cheerio!
h2
Heather Hernandez (she, her, hers)
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123-1284
415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Library catalog: http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/