[Koha] [MariaDB] installing version 10.3

Father Vlasie fv at spots.school
Thu Mar 7 14:24:42 NZDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I noticed that Koha is giving me an error:

    "Some of your tables have problems with their auto_increment values which may lead to data loss."

On the wiki page (https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix) it is stated that this issue only affects MariaDB versions prior to 10.2.4.

Since MariaDB 10.3 is now stable I tried to upgrade to that version. I installed the MariaDB repo for 10.3. I apt-get removed mariadb-server and common.

On upgrading afterwards the correct repo and packages seemed to be listed:

—8<—8<—8<---

Get:1 http://nyc2.mirrors.digitalocean.com/mariadb/repo/10.3/debian stretch/main amd64 libmariadbclient18 amd64 1:10.3.13+maria~stretch [3,100 B]
Get:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 python3-openssl all 16.2.0-1 [43.8 kB]
Get:3 http://nyc2.mirrors.digitalocean.com/mariadb/repo/10.3/debian stretch/main amd64 libmariadb3 amd64 1:10.3.13+maria~stretch [139 kB]
Get:4 http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 python3-josepy all 1.1.0-2~deb9u1 [27.8 kB]

But Koha>About still shows:

    MySQL version: mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.2.22-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

I am running Koha 18.11.03.000 on Debian 9 Stretch.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Father Vlasie

IT Director
St. Photios Orthodox Theological Seminary
510 Collier Way, Etna, CA 96027, U.S.A.