[Koha] [EXTERNAL] Uploading local cover images

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Sat Jun 15 05:30:23 NZST 2019

Hi, Cab--

We've found that our installation of Koha needs the image file to have
dimensions of 9999 pixels or less on each side.

In case it's helpful, here's some info on our workflow:
We do preservation scanning since we're a museum collection; in short, we
usually scan at 300dpi, full color, .tiff, and then create a .jpg from the
.tiff with dimensions of less than 9999 pixels per side for uploading into
Koha.  We store the .tiffs as digital preservation masters, and they're
also handy if we get a request for a high quality version of an image
(e.g., for publication).  We also contribute .jpg cover images to
OpenLibrary.org if they're lacking there.

Hope this is helpful!  Cheerio,
h2
Heather Hernandez (she, her, hers)
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123-1284
415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Library catalog: http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/